Curator and Moderator:
Gloria Maria Cappelletti
In the ever-evolving landscape of fashion and jewellery, the fusion of artificial intelligence (AI) and creative expression has opened up exciting new avenues for innovation. AI technologies are transforming the way designers ideate, create, and present their collections. From generating stunning still-life images to facilitating virtual prototyping, AI is pushing the boundaries of creativity in the industry. In this article, we explore how AI is revolutionizing the creative process, particularly in the realm of fashion and jewellery, and redefining what is possible.
Unleashing Creative Possibilities with AI:
• AI-Generated Still Life Images: AI has proven to be a powerful tool for generating visually captivating still life images. By training AI algorithms on vast databases of design, textures, and fashion and jewellery styles, or by working with available online algorithms, creatives can create stunning visual compositions. These AI- generated images allow creatives and designers to showcase their creations in dynamic and imaginative ways, offering a fresh perspective to their collections.
• Virtual Prototyping and Design Exploration: AI algorithms can simulate and create virtual prototypes of fashion garments and jewellery pieces. Designers can leverage this technology to explore different materials, shapes, and styles without physically producing multiple iterations. By using AI-powered design software, creators can experiment with endless possibilities, iterating rapidly and refining their concepts before moving into the production phase. This iterative process encourages innovation and reduces material waste.
• Trend Forecasting and Inspiration: AI algorithms excel in processing and analyzing vast amounts of data, including social media trends, fashion blogs, and historical fashion archives. By examining these rich data sources, AI can provide valuable insights and inspiration to designers. From color palettes to pattern recommendations, AI-powered trend forecasting tools empower designers to stay ahead of the curve and create collections that resonate with current and emerging fashion trends.
• Customization and Personalization: AI-driven customization solutions are enabling designers to offer personalized fashion and jewellery experiences to consumers. By integrating AI algorithms into design platforms, creators can collaborate with customers to co-create bespoke pieces. AI can analyze customer preferences and provide design suggestions tailored to individual tastes, resulting in unique and meaningful creations. This customization capability enhances customer engagement and loyalty.
• Virtual Try-On: Virtual try-on technology powered by AI has revolutionized the way customers experience fashion and jewellery . By using computer vision and augmented reality, customers can virtually try on clothing or "try on" jewellery pieces, giving them a realistic preview before making a purchase. This technology enhances the online shopping experience, reducing returns and increasing customer confidence.
The creative landscape of fashion and jewellery is being reshaped by the immense potential of AI. From generating captivating still-life images to facilitating virtual prototyping and customization, AI is revolutionizing the way designers conceptualize and produce their collections. By leveraging AI-driven tools and techniques, the industry can tap into a vast array of creative possibilities, empowering designers to push boundaries and create truly innovative and personalized fashion and jewellery pieces.
The future of creativity in the fashion and jewellery world holds limitless potential with the transformative power of AI.
Creative Director and Editorial Director of RED-EYE Metazine, as well as Advisor and Partner of lablaco's Circular Fashion System
Since 2009 Gloria Maria Cappelletti has built a reputation as a pioneer in digital art, and through her well-regarded namesake Gloria Maria Gallery, has shown and supported some of the most influential net artists of our generation. Agent and Producer for the International photographers agency Management Artists since 1999, she has been managing photographers and directors such as Steven Klein, Stephane Sednaoui and Daniel Sannwald to name a few. Gloria Maria is former Editor at Large and Creative Director of i-D Italy, covering research, brand strategy, fashion creative development, content distribution and activation worldwide. Curator of the Fashion Film Festival Milano since its first edition in 2014, Gloria Maria is currently Lecturer of Project Methodology of Visual Communication at NABA Nuova Accademia di Belle Arti, Executive Advisor and Partner at lablaco - Circular Fashion Summit as well as Editor in Chief and Creative Director of RED-EYE Metazine, the first Metaverse Magazine, focusing research and strategies on XR aesthetics for fashion and luxury in the Web3 landscape.
Full Professor Department of Design Politecnico di Milano, Head of Jewelry&Accessories Design
Ph.D. is Full Professor of Design of Jewellery and Fashion Accessories at the Politecnico di Milano, where she is the Director of the International Master in Fashion Accessories Design, of the Master on Brand and Product Management at the Milano Fashion Institute (consortium of Bocconi, Politecnico and Cattolica universities). She is a member of the Scientific Committee of the Ecole Van Cleef & Arpels in Paris, of the Gijs Bakker Foundation in Amsterdam and of the Fondazione Cologni in Milan. From 2013 to 2016 she taught Design Driven Innovation at the Stanford University. In 2017 she was appointed Ambassador of the Italian Design at Osaka, in 2018 at Sydney, in 2019 at Baku, in 2020 at Miami. From 2014 she is the Director of the Jewellery Museum in Vicenza, the only Italian museum exclusively dedicated to jewellery. She curated several International jewellery exhibitions and her last publications include “Van Cleef&Arpels: Time, Nature, Love“(Skira 2019), "Jewels of the twentieth century, from Art Nouveau to 3d Printing." (Skira, 2018), “Chains, jewellery in history, function and ornament” (Silvana 2018), “Brilliant” (Corraini 2016), “Jewellery a la Mode" (Corraini 2016), “Sentimental jewellery” (Marsilio 2014), “Italian design meets jewellery”(with M. Romanelli, Marsilio 2013).
Director of Club degli Orafi Italy
An engineer with a degree from the Politecnico di Torino, an expert in business organisation and technological and digital innovation, she has a background of thirty years in supporting Italian companies and institutional relations in Italy and abroad, which have led her to promote the excellence of Italian products on international markets. Over the years, she has put her skills at the disposal of companies in a wide variety of sectors, serving in various components of the Italian representation system. Her extensive network of relationships has led her to be defined as a 'builder of connections'.
Photographer / Image Consultant / Prompt Designer
She graduated in photography from the IED in 1995 and is a photographer and video maker. Her work is of absolute originality, characterised by a personal study in the realisation of images. Due to the character of her photographic and video production, she usually takes care of the entire image making process: from style research to composition and digital retouching. Since 1995, she has collaborated with leading advertising agencies and the most important Italian and international publications. Always attentive to trends, she has experimented with A.I. well in advance and is now considered an expert in the prompt designer sector.